(water splashing) (hip hop music) - It's under the table.
(muffled speaking) (laughter) (dogs barking) (bright background music) (sharp yelp) - [Girl] Are you ready?
- I'm ready.
- We're gonna be late.
- Hasan (speaking foreign language) (laughs) your dad's gonna murder you.
- No man, he knows I'm going.
- Man, what'd you do to your hair?
So who you going with?
- This girl from calc, Bethany.
- White girl?
Damn, that's what's up.
(laughs) Put that away.
- I can pay for it, man.
- Put it away.
(traffic) (knocks) - Hasan, hi.
- Hi, Miss Wheeler, how are you doing?
- I'm well, how are you?
- I'm great, is Bethany ready?
- Honey, did Bethany not tell you?
- Tell me what?
- Well, I know how much you wanted to go with Bethany, but we've been discussing it, and we've, look, you're great, we love having you for dinner and for study sessions, we just have a lot of family and friends back home that will see pictures from tonight, and, we felt it wouldn't be a good fit.
I hope you understand.
We thought Bethany had spoken to you.
- No, it's been a busy week.
- That's right, you two had an exam.
How'd that go?
- It went well.
- Well I'm sorry again for the mix-up.
Did you need a ride home?
- No, I'm okay.
- Hi Mrs. Wheeler.
- Hi Patrick.
- Hey Hasan.
- Ah, (mumbles) well, get home safe and, we'll see ya soon.
(dog barking) (sniffling) - Hey.
- You look nice.
- Thanks, so do you.
- I had no idea where to buy one of these.
- They're waiting for me.
- It's okay.
(Middle Eastern TV music) (moderate techno)