Images of the Past

The Tuthill Park Farm House

Season 7 Episode 3 | 7m 17s | Video has closed captioning.

An old farmhouse in a Sioux Falls City park was about to be declared as surplus property, which would have led to its demolition. Those opposed to tearing the house down organized and began raising money to renovate it. The history of the house and land can be traced to 1874 and a land claim made by one of the area's earliest settlers. The city has owned the property since 1953.

Aired: 02/21/21

Rating: TV-G

Problems Playing Video? | Closed Captioning

Images of the Past is a local public television program presented by SDPB.

Support is provided by the Friends of SDPB