[ambient music] [peaceful music] ♪ ♪ [speaking in Urdu] [continues speaking in Urdu] [birds cawing] [ambient city sounds] [speaking in Urdu] [speaking in Urdu] [continues speaking in Urdu] [phone ringing] - What are you doing?
- I'm having some water.
- You start packing yet?
- Actually, I haven't.
- Are you, like, nervous?
- To travel?
Or for school?
- Both, I'm really nervous - Both?
I'm nervous for both.
[speaking in Urdu] - [Baneen] Yeah, but I'm scared for college too, not just interacting with students.
- Oh, no don't be scared, you'll be fine.
It's just the first semester that is going to be hard and then you - Okay Raza bye, I think I'm going to go now.
Um, we need to go shopping soon.
And get stuff.
Make some nice memories while you're there and yeah.
[birds cawing] [soft piano music] [soft piano music continues] [ambient music] - Wow.
[ambient music continues] [Baneen reading] [plane in flight] [Baneen continues reading] [crowd noises, off-screen] [speaking in Urdu] [group all speaking in Urdu] - It's, it's really hard.
- You can carry yourself up.
- [Photographer] Here, now.
I'll take your picture on 'three'.
One, two, three.
All right, good.
You can go ahead and mask back up.
- Hi everyone, my name is Baneen Khan and I am 19 years old, I live in Paragould, Arkansas and this is my first semester here at Black River.
My hobbies include drawing, I'm into music and trying new food and traveling.
[distant noise] [family laughing] [phone ringing] - Hey, what's up guys?
[indistinct] Hey guy's, its me.
Wait, Umal, let me show you something.
- What is that?
- [Baneen] That's my student ID, yeah.
It's your student ID!
- It looks very quality.
- I got it yesterday.
- How is your assignments and stuff going?
Oh my God, it's, it's a lot of stress right now to be honest, like I have, so everything is like weekly and I don't have any lectures and like daily classes or anything so that's what makes it really harder.
Like, I really want a connection with my teachers because right now I can't, like I just emailed them but that's not like a proper introduction or they don't know me properly, I don't know them.
So, it just makes you feel really alone and you're doing everything by yourself.
You know what I really miss?
I miss playing games with you guys.
- [Friends] Yeah.
- Like sequins and everything, oh my God, I miss it.
- You know, I was watching my Snapchat memories with you guys, like in the car, listening to music and I was like, oh my God I miss them so much!
Going to Social Hub everyday.
- Oh, we've been to Social Hub again.
Me and Baghdad.
- [Friend] We met up with my friend as well, yeah.
We played cards the entire time.
- [Baneen] Without me?
How dare you!
- I will help you, whatever you want.
I have to just put it behind me.
I will always be here with you.
- I know.
- It's just like being twins!
You laugh, you smile, you talk.
[phone beeping] [speaking in Urdu] [soft piano music] - Love you.
[soft piano music continues] - [TV] "So help me God."
- So help me God.
[ambient music] [speaking in Urdu] [ambient music continues] ♪