» Pre-Viewing Lesson Plan
Examining Medical Terms
» Lesson Objectives:
In this lesson, students will:
- Evaluate their understanding of medical terms
- Discuss the meanings of these terms with their classmates
- Compare their definitions to a glossary of terms
» Materials Needed:
- A computer with Internet access
- Copies of the two student worksheets
» Time Needed:
The lessons will take 15-60 minutes, depending upon the number of options that are selected.
This lesson is divided into two steps:
- Ask students to define as many of the terms on the Evaluation of Medical Terms as possible.
- After completion, students should compare their definitions with those of their classmates.
- Students should read the Glossary of Medical Terms and compare it to their answers on the Evaluation of Medical Terms worksheet.
- Teachers of science and health classes might prefer to have students create more complete glossaries by adding information to Glossary of Medical Terms or Evaluation of Medical Terms.
Additional information can be found at:
This site, created through a network of United States Board Certified Physician and Allied Health Professionals, provides a comprehensive search engine for medical knowledge. It provides information on all aspects of health and medicine.
» Method of Assessment:
Students should turn in their two pre-viewing worksheets.