Flying Cheap
COMMENTS comments

Introduction from the Producer

« RETURN TO THE FORUM

Rick Young February 9, 2010 20:14
Rick YoungProducer, "Flying Cheap"

Read Colgan Air/Pinnacle's response to FRONTLINE's report.

Trying to distill seven months of research and reporting into a one-hour documentary is, to say the least, a frustrating proposition. But no less frustrating, I'm sure, than the drill we put our program participants through: interviews that often go on for hours, with the full knowledge, patience and trust that we'll boil it all down fairly and accurately.

I'm sure some will say we didn't get the job done right and, in part, that's why we've asked several key participants to join us here, at FRONTLINE's second post-broadcast online roundtable. We want feedback on the show, what we got right, what we didn't and what we missed altogether.

But most of all, we're here in hopes of extending the conversation. Though we've tried to be accurate and fair, our primary objective is to raise questions about safety in the regional airline industry that are important to all of us. Some of our participants have dedicated their lives to improving airline safety. And, while there may be differences over what kinds of changes may or may not be needed, the ultimate goal is commonly shared.

So, I look forward to continuing the conversation about Flying Cheap.

posted february 9, 2010

flying cheap home page · watch online · dvd/transcript · credits · site map
FRONTLINE series home · privacy policy · journalistic guidelines

FRONTLINE is a registered trademark of wgbh educational foundation.
web site copyright 1995-2014 WGBH educational foundation