December 10, 2007
Favorites for 2007
BY Stephen Talbot
Thanks to all for participating!
And the official winners of our "unofficial" poll are:
1.Best FRONTLINE/World on TV in 2007: "Hero Rats" and "Extraordinary Rendition"
Runners-up: "Afghanistan: The Other War" and "News War: War of Ideas"
2. Best FRONTLINE/World online in 2007: "Nepal: A Girl's Life" and "Ghana: Baseball Dreams"
Runner-up: "Dubai: Night Secrets"
3. FRONTLINE/World all-time favorite: "Uganda: A Little Goes a Long Way" (KIVA)
Runners-up: "The Women's Kingdom" and "Saddam's Road to Hell"
4. Books: "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert; "What Is the What" by Dave Eggers; "The Lay of the Land" by Richard Ford.
5. Movies: "The Lives of Others"
6. Music: Amy Winehouse, "Rehab"
7. TV: "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report"
Our "Unofficial" Holiday Poll
It has been a memorable year for FRONTLINE/World. We broadcast our 25th episode in April, we won our first two Emmys in September, and we registered our highest Web traffic ever in October and November, thanks to our "Extraordinary Rendition" report and our stories from Dubai, Burma and Pakistan.
But before we officially declare, "It's a wrap" for 2007, we'd like to hear from you about which of our "stories from a small planet" mattered most to you this year. And we're also curious about what books you've been reading and would like to share, what music you're listening to, what (if anything) you like on TV, and what movies you'd recommend.
So, welcome to our first year-end holiday poll.