In celebration of the upcoming film Laura Ingalls Wilder: Prairie to Page, American Masters is hosting a #ShareYourShelfieContest on social media! Entrants are asked to post their most creative photo of their Laura Ingalls Wilder/Little House on the Prairie book and/or memorabilia collection for a chance to win an afghan from the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum in Wilder’s home of Walnut Grove, Minnesota. Up to 10 runners-up will also receive prizes. The grand prize winner will receive an authentic AFGHAN from the Walnut Grove Museum (see below).
The contest will begin at 12:01AM EST on Tuesday, December 8, 2020 and ends at 11:59PM EST on Friday, December 18, 2020. All entrants must submit via Twitter, Instagram, OR Facebook (only one is necessary) by including #ShareYourShelfieContest and tagging and following American Masters on that platform. There can be only one entry per person and the winner will be notified by 12/21 via the platform on which they submitted. See below for full rules and details.
American Masters — Laura Ingalls Wilder: Prairie to Page premieres nationwide Tuesday December 29 at 8 p.m.
American Masters: Laura Ingalls Wilder
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND BE A LEGAL RESIDENT
OF THE UNITED STATES AS OF THE DATE YOU ENTER.
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES BELOW (THE “RULES”),
WHICH ARE A CONTRACT.
- Introduction: The American Masters: Laura Ingalls Wilder #ShareYourShelfieContest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by THIRTEEN Productions LLC, 825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10019 (“Sponsor”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Sponsor is the sole sponsor of the Contest, and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Sponsor. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Internet access is required.
- Start/End Dates: The Contest begins at 12:01AM EST on Tuesday, December 8, 2020 and ends at 11:59PM EST on Friday, December 18, 2020 (the “Entry Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter, you (the “Entrant”) must do the following:
First: Take a photograph that includes a shelf with at least one book, picture, or piece of memorabilia related to Laura Ingalls Wilder and/or her works (the “Shelfie” or “Shelfies”). The Shelfie may feature any items of your choosing, whether they are created by you (e.g., a drawing), owned by you, or borrowed from other individuals or institutions (e.g., a library). The Shelfie may, but is not required to, include you, a special message about Laura Ingalls Wilder or her works, costumes/bonnets, lights, homemade items, etc.
Second: Post the Shelfie on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram during the Entry Period and tag the post with both the Contest hashtag and the American Masters handle for the particular social media platform (an “Entry”), as follows:
Facebook: #ShareYourShelfieContest and /AmericanMasters
Twitter: #ShareYourShelfieContest and @PBSAmerMasters
Instagram: #ShareYourShelfieContest and @pbsamericanmasters
Third: Follow American Masters on the platform(s) via which you submitted your Entry (Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram).
It is only necessary to post the Shelfie to one platform, but you may post the Shelfie to any or all of the above platforms. You must post the Shelfie your own social media account. By including the hashtag and tag described above, you agree to these Rules.
You are limited to one Entry (i.e., one Shelfie), but you may post the Entry on all three social media platforms, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. If you post more than one Entry, only one Entry posted will be deemed an Entry for purposes of the Contest, in Sponsor’s discretion. The creation of multiple accounts to submit an Entry and any duplicate or repeat postings are discouraged. Duplicate Entries may be disqualified.
You must be the sole and independent creator of the Shelfie, and the Shelfie must not infringe any third-party rights. No automated entry devices, software, and/or programs are permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted, or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic. An Entry is deemed “received” when it is tagged with both the required hashtag and handle for the particular social media platform. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries that are incomplete or do not comply with these Rules will be disqualified. Internet or mobile usage and access charges imposed by your internet or mobile service provider may apply and are the sole responsibility of each Entrant.
- Eligibility: You must be a legal resident of the fifty United States or District of Columbia who is at least 18 as of the date of entry. Employees of Sponsor or its affiliates, PBS or its member stations, or the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum, and any of their respective employees, directors, officers, and agents and their respective immediate family and/or household members are not eligible to enter or win. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state, and/or local laws, rules, and regulations apply.
Judging Process/Winners: One grand prize winner and up to ten (10) runner-ups will be selected from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Judges will include staff members of Sponsor and its affiliates, as chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
Organization and placement of the shelf and item(s) within the Shelfie (50%)
Creativity and originality (50%)
In the event of a tie, creativity and originality will be given more weight in determining the winner(s). Entrants selected as winner(s) will be notified no later than December 21, 2020 by a direct message from the American Masters account for the particular social media platform and will be announced via social media and on the American Masters website. Each Entrant selected as a winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements, including providing the Prize Acceptance Form (as defined below) by the date specified by Sponsor. In the event that Entrant does not fulfill all such requirements, another winner may be selected by the Contest judges in accordance with the judging criteria from among the remaining Entries, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The grand prize winner will receive an afghan (approximate retail value: $50.96).
The runner-up winner(s) will receive souvenirs (approximate retail value not to exceed $8.00 each).
All prize items have been donated by the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum in Walnut Grove, Minnesota and will be shipped to the winners within thirty (30) days of receipt of the Prize Acceptance Form.
Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the prizes, and Entrant agrees that all prizes are provided as-is, non-transferable, and non-exchangeable. If any Entrant selected as a winner does not reply to the prize notification within twenty-four (24) hours of delivery, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Rules, such prize will be forfeited and alternate winner(s) may be selected by the Contest judges in accordance with the judging criteria from among the remaining Entries, pursuant to the above and in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Sponsor is not responsible for any prize-related notices that are lost, mutilated, deleted, undeliverable, or do not reach any winner or are otherwise subject to circumstances outside Sponsor’s control.
Limit one prize per individual. Prizes are not transferable. No prize substitutions are allowed by winner(s), but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. The prize is not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on the prize are the sole responsibility of winners.
- Usage Rights/Submission Release. By entering the Contest, you agree that, except where prohibited by law: (a) your Entries may be shared via the social media accounts of American Masters, Sponsor and its affiliates, posted to the American Masters websites, and otherwise, edited as Sponsor may deem appropriate, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in any and all versions, worldwide in perpetuity for any purpose, including but not limited to outreach, promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement of American Masters, Sponsor and its affiliates and licensees as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion; (b) your social media handle and Contest-related posts may be included in connection with any of the foregoing, as well as your first and last names, picture, likeness, your city and state of residence, (collectively, “Biographical Information”). You understand that you will not be paid any money or receive any form of compensation for granting these rights or reimbursement of any costs incurred in connection with creating and submitting your Entry or claiming the prize (in the case of a winner). Each Entrant grants the rights in this section whether or not Entrant is selected as a winner. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant these rights, and such grant will not conflict with any third-party right.
- Prize Acceptance Form: Entrants selected as winners agree to sign and return to Sponsor a Prize Acceptance Form and/or other information if requested by Sponsor.
- Release: By participating, each Entrant and/or winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, PBS and its member stations, the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and their respective employees, directors, officers, members, and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”), from any and all liability or cause of action, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity, for any use or non-use of their Entry as permitted by these Rules, and for any claims based on publicity or other proprietary rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if the Contest cannot take place or if prizes cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. By participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and all decisions of Sponsor, in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest and any interpretation of these Rules.
THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY AN ENTRANT IN RELATION TO ANY ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THESE RULES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, AND ENFORCEABILITY HEREOF, AND ANY RIGHTS OR OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANT OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE GIVEAWAY, WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10), AND IN NO EVENT WILL ANY ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR ANY OTHER COSTS RELATED TO SUCH CLAIM.
Except where prohibited by law, any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action between Entrant and any Released Party arising out of these Rules or the Contest must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action or class-wide arbitration.
- Miscellaneous: In the event of a dispute, an Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the social media profile at the time of Entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who has registered the accounts with the applicable social media platform. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the social media profile associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in connection with the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor’s representatives). CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision herein is determined invalid or unenforceable, these Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will continue unimpaired with full effect. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision herein will not constitute waiver of that provision.
- List of Winners: To obtain a list of winners, contact Daniel Quiterio of THIRTEEN Productions LLC, at firstname.lastname@example.org.