No one who has seen this documentary can ever forget it . One critic said it has the power "to shake the soul."
With Yemen in chaos, a gripping report from the heart of the escalating conflict.
How secret electronic surveillance missed catching the Mumbai plotters -- and how American-born David Coleman Headley planned another Charlie Hebdo-like assault against a Danish newspaper.
The vivid, inside story of how the Ebola outbreak began, and why it wasn't stopped before it was too late.
Get Our Newsletter
a) one quarter million
b) one half million
c) 6 million
d) 14 million
2) How many married, childless women have sought some form of infertility
a) 1 in 2
b) 1 in 5
c) 1 in 12
d) 1 in 30
3) How many states require that health insurance policies provide some level
of coverage for IVF?
a) all 50 states
b) 36 states
c) 6 states
d) no states
4) What's the estimated cost of adding insurance coverage for IVF to a
standard health care package, for each member per year?
a) 30 cents
b) less than $3.00
c) around $30
d) over $200
5) Male infertility is an issue for approximately what percentage of
6) What proportion of in vitro fertilization attempts fail to produce a live birth?
7) What percentage of deliveries after in vitro fertilization are multiple
births (twins or more)?
a) 2% (same as in the general population)
8) On a given IVF attempt, a woman over 42 years of age has what chance of
bearing a child using her own eggs?
a) less than 5%
9) What is the average number of embryos U.S. fertility doctors transfer to a
10) Triplets are how many times more likely than singletons to die in the
first year of life?
a) half as likely
b) equally likely
c) twice as likely
d) 12 times more likely
11) Since the advent of IVF in the U.S., the multiple birth rate has
a) more than tripled
b) more than doubled
c) been reduced by half
d) increased 25%
12) Human cloning is:
a) currently unregulated by the federal government
b) legally banned in the United States
c) encouraged by the National Institutes of Health
d) an experimental technique at many infertility clinics
13) When a couple has finished their infertility treatment, what options do
they have concerning the remaining embryos?
a) donate them to other infertile couples
b) discard them
c) donate them to research
d) all of the above
web site copyright 1995-2014
WGBH educational foundation