Inside the Obama administration's struggle to deal with ISIS and the deadly civil war in Syria.
The dramatic story of the fight over the CIA's controversial interrogation methods, widely criticized as torture.
An intimate look at the cycle of mass incarceration in America -- and one state's effort to reverse the trend.
With unprecedented access, FRONTLINE shows you what it's really like for prisoners who are serving time in solitary confinement.
Get Our Newsletter
1. The National Rifle Association has supported a ban on the import of Saturday Night Specials.
2. In the United States there are more gun dealers than McDonald's restaurants.
3. Firearms are among the most strictly regulated consumer products in the U.S.
4. Federal laws successfully prevent felons and minors from obtaining guns.
5. Illegal gun traffickers prefer high caliber assault weapons.
6. In the past few years, firearms-related violent crime has skyrocketed.
7. In Texas, you can drive with an open beer between your knees and a loaded firearm at your side.
8. U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Second Amendment to the Constitution does not guarantee an individual's right to keep and bear arms.
9. More people are killed or injured by land mines throughout the world than are killed by firearms in the U.S.
10. A Lorcin .22 caliber pistol costs more than a Super-Soaker toy water gun.
web site copyright 1995-2014
WGBH educational foundation