Renowned writer and surgeon Atul Gawande explores the relationships doctors have with patients who are nearing the end of life.
FRONTLINE and ProPublica investigate the secret history of Firestone in Liberia.
FRONTLINE correspondent Martin Smith reports from Iraq on the miscalculations and mistakes behind the brutal rise of ISIS.
Examining the raging debate--risks v. benefits and parents' right to make choices about their child v. the needs of a community
Get Our Newsletter
1. The National Rifle Association has supported a ban on the import of Saturday Night Specials.
2. In the United States there are more gun dealers than McDonald's restaurants.
3. Firearms are among the most strictly regulated consumer products in the U.S.
4. Federal laws successfully prevent felons and minors from obtaining guns.
5. Illegal gun traffickers prefer high caliber assault weapons.
6. In the past few years, firearms-related violent crime has skyrocketed.
7. In Texas, you can drive with an open beer between your knees and a loaded firearm at your side.
8. U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Second Amendment to the Constitution does not guarantee an individual's right to keep and bear arms.
9. More people are killed or injured by land mines throughout the world than are killed by firearms in the U.S.
10. A Lorcin .22 caliber pistol costs more than a Super-Soaker toy water gun.
web site copyright 1995-2014
WGBH educational foundation